Thursday, May 29, 2014

Religion or perspective?

Sitting at age 26 having been born in the Christian heavy south, now living in a city coined "Sin City" I often ponder, what's this power or inner strength I've seen other draw from and change their lives or endure endless hardships with a smile.
Someone like myself approaches the uncertainties that lie in my everyday life with blind faith. Faith in that doing things a certain way over time will wield a worthy result. The old keeping your head up and your eyes open. Being an opportunist is something I identify with.
All this can seem very similar to someone that places their trust in a higher power. But I have faith in myself and my ability to continously be moving forward.
If you consider yourself a religious individual please feel free to share within your own reasoning how it is you trust where your faith is placed. Is it the need to know there is something after death. Is it something that you feel lifts you up?
There is no wrong ideology as long as the is reason.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I just stumbled on your blog. Researching for relgious perspectives.
    Well maybe there is something there. Allow me to reply.
    I find strength in believing that the greatest gift ever given to me by God or the Higher power (as some call it) is this "life." I believe that God wants nothing more than for us to take care of this gift -- in a unique and personal way that we can call our own. After all we are unique individuals. We learn from how others have done it and we see where it has taken them. I believe that the dark, hard times have their purpose if we know that we should take care of the gift called life. The purpose is in choosing what will contribute to the grandest vision of how we want out life to be. Doesn't matter what you do or who you are. God doesn't really care. I think He cares more about the ultimate outcome and not the process of getting there. You have to be alert and "keep your eyes open" asking yourself of every situation that comes: what is this asking me to become? When it comes to life after death. I think life never ends, it only transforms. Death is a mere portal in that transformation. Some say I'd rather be dead than face the problems here. I think that if you believe that every hard thing that happens is an opportunity to mold yourself, then you know that this life can be a wonderful experience. Hope you find perspective in that.

    ReplyDelete